Monday 17 September 2012

Banana Protein Muffins!

I was my personal trainers number one, gold star pupil today. And not because she whipped my ass but because I made her a fresh batch of banana protein muffins! This is definitely one of those recipes where you just want to say "screw the oven, let me just eat the batter!"And I did haha! So delicious I just wanted to eat it with a big spoon however, the were just as good baked!


Banana Protein Muffins (I made 24 mini ones and 8 large ones)

2 and a half overripe bananas
4 egg whites
3/4c of vanilla yogurt (I used Yoplait For Me get could also use greek yogurt as well)
1/2c unsweetened almond milk
1 1/4c oats
2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (I use Body Science)
1 tsp. baking soda
A good sprinkle of cinnamon (went a little crazy as I am obsessed!)
1 tb honey (could also use stevia or another natural sweetener but I LOVE honey!)



Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place oats in a blender with the baking soda and blend until it is nearly a chunky flour (think the chunky bits in whole wheat flour). Remove and put into a bowl with the protein powder and cinnamon. To the blender add the banana, egg whites, yogurt, almond milk and honey and blend until smooth (I also thought it could be nice to keep the banana chunky but I didn't think of it until they were in the oven). Pour the banana mix into the dry ingredients and fold until combined (This is the part where you eat the entire bowl without it going anywhere near the oven :D). Pour into muffin tin and top with walnuts. For the mini ones I put a quarter of a walnut and for the large ones I put a whole walnut. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes for the mini ones or 25 minutes for the large muffins or until you can put a skewer in the middle and it comes out clean.

Note: As its made on yogurt, the muffins will not rise but they are still amazingly moist and fluffy.


1 comment:

  1. Hi again

    Well I have made the muffins and yes very yummy, I didnt have any almond milk so used skim milk but chucked a handfull of almonds into the blender. The only thing I will definately change for the next time I make these is not use stevia as I really do hate these artificial sweetners and shouldnt have gone out and bought a bottle. Anyway will definately use HONEY in the next batch - other than that all good, btw the mixture was yummy too....

    thanks again - btw Laurie is my PT that is why I know about your recipies. :)

    ReplyDelete