Tuesday 18 September 2012

Delicious Cauliflower Pizza

Now before you look any further: please ignore the photo as I had just danced and decided I needed to eat/put on my pizza everything bar the kitchen sink. I, in no way condone this amount of cheese on your pizza haha! (lucky it was very low cal). I ended up scraping it all off and therefore proving the age old mantra: never cook or shop hungry! Today I sinned on both accounts. Once the cheese was removed this was an absolutely amazing dinner! Can't believe it was all veges and all healthy. Perfect for a low-carb day!

Cauliflower Pizza

1 1/2c cauliflower rice*
1 whole egg
1 tsp crushed garlic
A sprinkling of black cracked pepper
1 tb parmesan cheese

Toppings:
Anything you feel like! I had roast chicken, ham, mushroom and spinach.



* Cauliflower rice is simply my fancy way of saying blended up cauliflower so it basically looks like tiny bits of rice. If you are having a stir fry, sub rice for cauli rice and put it in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for 8 minutes. Perfect way to make a high carb meal a low carb one with one measly ingredient!

Heat oven to 180 degrees. After blending your cauliflower, wrap up in a chux and squish the living day lights out of to remove all the water and caulijuices. Place in a bowl with the egg, garlic, pepper and parmesan and combine until it comes together kind of like a dough. Line a baking try with baking paper and spray the paper like crazy (I unfortunately did not spray enough and ended up with the photo below - warm pizza salad?). Pat the dough out into a thin, even layer and place in a hot oven for 25 minutes. Remove and add your sauce, toppings and cheese (once again, not as much as the photo!) and bake for a further 10 minutes or until you are happy with your pizza toppings. Spend the next 10 mins scrapping it off the paper and then forget about all the hassle as you try the first bite. I don't think I will ever dial Domino's again! (Not that you do when you eat clean anyway!)


2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I am cooking this for my dinner tonight, I had a few little issues and just want to share with you. Firstly wasnt sure how much cauliflower to use to have 1.5cups blended..... plus I probably should have added a bit of water and broken up the cauliflower before blending as it was a major pain to get it all blended.

    I am using a electric pizza maker (first time) and cooked the base, it browned nicely on the bottom so have turned it over and will put the toppings on that side and put it back in on the unbrowned side again for 10mins or so - anyway when I put in the dough wasnt too sure how thick or think to make it - I guess it is trial and error. I have put it aside for now and finish cooking it when I have made the regular pizza's for the rest of the family. smells good so far. Will let you know how it all goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok..... eaten and all I can say is that is the best pizza I have ever had, I just loved every inch of it and the base made even better....

      Thank you

      Delete