Monday 17 September 2012

Pulled Chicken Salsa

I love spicy mexican food! Enchiladas and tacos are a personal favourite so when craving a cheesy, oily delicious enchilada what does one do? Make a clean version of course!


Pulled Chicken Salsa

2 chicken breasts
1 red capsicum diced
1 large onion diced
1 zucchini diced
1 small can or corn
1 can of 4 bean mix
1 jar of salt reduced salsa
2 tbs chilli (I like it spicy!)
4 cups of chicken stock



Bring chicken stock to the boil, add the chicken to the pot and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 15mins or until white through. Remove the chicken and cool. Empty the pot of the chicken stock and turn to the heat to medium/high. Saute onion, capsicum and zucchini. Add corn and set aside. Pull/separate chicken into strings with a fork and add to the pot. Return to the heat and add the remaining salsa, beans and chilli. Simmer on low for an hour and ta da! Salsa!

My nan also had some lebanese bread she had left over so when I gave this to her for dinner I cut the bread into triangles, sprinkled with sea salt and put in a hot oven for 5mins (I was dancing at the time and forgot about them which then lead to burnt chips so make sure you keep an eye on them!) I served it up and she loved it! A great alternative to corn chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment