Wednesday 12 September 2012

Zucchini Slice

I was always the kid who hated zucchinis! Then one day I woke up with the idea to make this slice and now I couldn't live without it! I love to take this for lunch as its great cold or warmed up. Its one of those recipes thats better the day after so I always make it in bulk and keep it in the fridge or freezer. This recipe has lots of great veges and protein and its my go to meal when I'm feeling low on energy! Photo isn't the best one as I had about 2 seconds to take it before running out the door!


Ingredients (usually makes lunch 8-10 serves)

4 large zucchinis grated
2-3 large carrots grated
2 onions diced
1 c of frozen pea and corn mix
500g mushrooms diced
200g ham chopped
A sprinkle of low fat cheese for the top (optional)
4 whole eggs
1/2c wholemeal flour

Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Saute onions and mushrooms.
Whisk eggs and combine with grated zucchini and carrots.
Combine zucchini mix with the onions, mushrooms, ham and frozen veges.
Sift flour into mixture and combine
Pour mixture into a large baking tray and sprinkle with cheese
Bake for 40 mins or until the slice is firm and golden brown
Cool and try not to eat the whole slice in one sitting!

1 comment:

  1. I cooked this for dinner tonight for myself and my kids - 4 zucchini's holey hell...... I used one extra large zucchini and had some silver beet in the fridge so cut that up small. That was the only variation I made and it was very nice, all eaten, it does make alot and there is still enough and more for my lunch tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete