Sunday 13 January 2013

Paleo Lasagne


So Delicious! I ate this while my family ate my mums amazing homemade lasagne which used to be my favourite food and I didnt even care!

Ingredients (serves 1)

5oz turkey mince
1c cauliflower florets (will blend down to 1/2c puree)
6 slices of zucchini (length ways sliced with a mandolin)
Approx. 20 slices of sweet potato (I did up a whole sweet potato and just cooked the extra as chips)
1/4c cauliflower rice
1/2c marinara sauce
1 tsp garlic
1/2 tb mixed herbs

Boil cauliflower for approximately 15 minutes until very soft. Add to a blender with the garlic and herbs and blend until smooth. This will be your "béchamel" sauce. Brown the turkey mince and drain any extra fat from the pan. Return to the pan and combine with the marinara sauce. Line a small pan (I used a bread tin) with three of the zucchini slices, then add the mince, the cauliflower and then the sweet potato. Continue with this pattern until the end. I finished with a layer of sweet poatato and the top went crispy. Sprinkle cauliflower rice on top of the lasagne and bake in an oven set to 160 degrees for an hour and a half or until veges are tender.

Would be amazing to make in bulk and heat up for lunch or dinner in a rush!

No comments:

Post a Comment