Wednesday 9 January 2013

Zucchini Fritters

My new favourite food! I have had them for dinner, then breakfast and then breakfast again! I can't get enough of them!


1 large zucchini  (should work out to be 1 cup)
1 egg
1 small onion diced
Italian herbs
A small sprinkle of cumin
1 tsp garlic
Salt and pepper
1 tb coconut oil to fry

Grate the zucchini and leave to sit in a bowl with salt for 20-30 minutes. Put the zucchini in a tea towel and squeeze out all of the juices. Return to the bowl and combine with the remaining ingredients. (Because I usually make it the night before so its ready for breakfast in the morning, I let it stand overnight but its fine to cook straight away as well). Heat coconut oil in a pan and add tablespoons of the zucchini mix. Turn when brown and cook on the other side. Each side is approximately 4-5 minutes.

For the challengers, I served with a dippy egg so it is the correct amount of vegetables, protein and fat we need. I also added only 1tsp of coconut oil the next day so that I could have guacamole with it and it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment